Are You Experiencing Unwanted Hair Loss?
67% of Men Experience Male Pattern Baldness
It has been shown that hair loss can lead to lower self-esteem, depression, and anxiety. Hair loss is a symptom of something deeper within the hormone balance of the body. Our functional medicine approach involves the use of safe, natural treatments to reverse hair loss and restore your full head of hair!
Male Hair Loss Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of hair loss in men include:
- Gradual thinning on top of the head
- Patchy bald spots
- Loosening of hair
- Scaling patches over the scalp
- Receding hairline
Factor's Leading to Hair Loss
Hair loss is common for men, normally developing as alopecia (male pattern baldness) caused by your genetics. As we age, hormonal changes occur, which are frequently the cause of hair loss in men. Here are some of the other reasons why men experience hair loss:
- Genetics. Genetics play a large role in hair loss, especially if your biological mother’s side of the family has male pattern baldness. Most men will start to experience male pattern baldness at the temples or the crown of the head. Male pattern baldness is normally related to problems with androgens, male sex hormones that are responsible for the regulation of hair growth.
- Hormones. Testosterone is normally responsible for severe hair loss in men. As our bodies age, hormone levels will change, which can lead to hair loss. We treat hormonal hair loss with effective treatments like hormone replacement therapy and nutritional supplements and dietary changes.
- Medications. Certain medications will lead to hair loss problems. Drug-induced hair loss is common when you are taking medication for cholesterol, anticoagulants, blood pressure medication, depression medication, and acne treatments. We can identify which medications could be causing hair loss, and develop a personalized patient treatment program to target hair loss problems and target imbalances that cause other health issues.
- Stress. Higher stress levels lead to a number of health problems including hair loss. We find when too much cortisol is released into the body, it causes hair loss to occur.
Functional Medicine Hair Loss Treatment
We know hair loss is a symptom of an underlying health problem. Taking a functional medicine approach to hair loss allows our experts to identify what is truly causing your hair loss problems. We find out what is imbalanced in your body and create a personalized treatment method to improve hair growth.
Toxins and Hair Loss
Unlike over-the-counter shampoos and conditioners, a functional medicine hair loss treatment focuses on reversing hair loss from a different approach. We don’t treat the hair loss; we look for the cause of hair loss and fix that issue. What caused your hair loss to occur? By looking at your body as a whole, and not just a symptom, we can treat hair loss and improve your overall health and wellbeing. We often see hair loss when patients have high levels of toxins in the body. Toxins are exposed to our bodies daily, and the body often tries to eliminate toxins through the hair, causing several health issues.
Fixing Hormonal Imbalances
Testosterone imbalances can cause hair loss, muscle loss, sexual dysfunction, and several other health problems. Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is testosterone made by an enzyme. DHT is primarily used within the body for hair growth, skin health, and prostate health. DHT is usually the primary hormone causing hair loss in men. We identify hormonal imbalances and create personalized treatments to improve your overall health and target problematic symptoms like hair loss.
Improving Gut Health
We have treated several patients with hair loss due to poor gut health. When there are intestinal problems, it can lead to hair loss and several other issues. Inflammation is one of the main issues men face when treating hormone imbalance and gut health. We identify issues such as leaky gut problems, irritable bowel syndrome, and other gut health concerns that are behind hair loss. Let us help you improve your overall gut health and start feeling better today!
Functional Medicine Restores Hair Growth
Our functional medicine treatments are designed to restore hair growth and improve your health. We will treat your body as a whole, not just a symptom you are experiencing. We identify the root cause of hair loss and implement effective treatments that work, including platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatments. Ditch the shampoos and conditioners and start growing your hair naturally with our hair restoration treatments.