Are You Experiencing Unwanted Hair Loss?
40% of Women Show Visible Signs of Hair Loss
The aging process means many women will experience female-patten hair loss. Hormonal changes, genetics, and stress all play a role in female hair loss. Hair loss can impact just your scalp, or you can see hair loss throughout the body. For some women, hair loss is temporary, but for others, it is is long-term. Our experts find the root cause of your hair loss, and will provide effective treatments to prevent additional hair loss and restore hair growth.
Female Hair Loss Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of hair loss in women include:
- Thinning on top of the head
- Patchy bald spots
- Loosening of hair
- Full-body hair loss
- Redness, swelling, and oozing of the scalp
Factors Leading to Hair Loss
Hair loss is normally considered heredity, but we find that is not always the case. In fact, hormonal changes due to aging often play a larger role in hair loss. Here are some of the common reasons why women experience hair loss:
- Genetics. A family history of hair loss is a common reason why hair loss may occur. Hereditary hair loss is called androgenic alopecia and normally occurs gradually. Most women experience thinning hair along the scalp when genetics play a role in female hair loss.
- Hormones. Pregnancy, childbirth, thyroid problems, and menopause all play a role in hair loss. Hormonal changes can be fixed with effective treatments like hormonal replacement therapy and dietary adjustments.
- Medications. If you have recently started a new medication, and you notice hair loss, there is a good chance it is causing hair loss issues. Hair loss is common for patients of heart medications, antidepressants, and cancer. We recommend visiting our Ogden health clinic to undergo testing so our experts can identify the cause of hair loss and assist in helping to restore balance to the body.
- Stress. We all know stress leads to several health problems including hair loss. When your stress levels are too high, the body releases too much cortisol, which leads to hair loss.
Functional Medicine Hair Loss Treatment
The functional medicine approach to hair loss focuses on identifying the root cause of hair loss and treating it. We look beyond the symptoms of hair loss and find what is imbalanced in your body, and restore your hormones to improve hair growth.
Toxins and Hair Loss
As we focus on identifying what is behind female hair loss, we often identify problems with toxins in the body. Lifestyle factors can have a direct impact on exposure to toxins in your daily life. We are exposed to toxins in our diets, from plastics, metals, and several other areas. If you are unable to get rid of toxins, hair loss will occur. Proper detoxification will focus on correcting nutritional deficiencies, improving gut health, restoring adequate organ function, and improving mental health. Adequate testing is critical to identifying hormonal problems behind hair loss.
Fixing Hormonal Imbalances
Adrenal hormones, thyroid hormones, and imbalances in female hormones lead to hair loss. We run a series of tests to measure hormone levels to find out where there are areas of deficiency. Once we find the hormonal imbalance, we treat it with hormone replacement therapy, testosterone treatments, and nutritional adjustments.
Improving Gut Health
Our intestines are tied to multiple areas of health in the body. Inflammation often occurs throughout the body, and it’s all tied to what we eat. When you are eating too many processed foods, your body is unable to obtain the nutrients it needs to function correctly. We identify common problems from leaky gut syndrome to irritable bowels that could lead to hair loss. When the gut dumps toxins into the bloodstream, you will feel several symptoms, from daily fatigue to depression and anxiety.
Functional Medicine Restores Hair Growth
Our functional medicine approach will restore hair growth and improve your overall health. We treat the body as a whole, not just the symptoms. We at Regeneration Health will identify what is causing your hair loss, and implement the right treatments that work and fix your hair loss problem!