Are You Experiencing Unwanted Hair Loss?
40% of Women Show Visible Signs of Hair Loss
The aging process means many women will experience female-patten hair loss. Hormonal changes, genetics, and stress all play a role in female hair loss. Hair loss can impact just your scalp, or you can see hair loss throughout the body. For some women, hair loss is temporary, but for others, it is is long-term. Our experts find the root cause of your hair loss, and will provide effective treatments to prevent additional hair loss and restore hair growth.
Female Hair Loss Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of hair loss in women include:
- Thinning on top of the head
- Patchy bald spots
- Loosening of hair
- Full-body hair loss
- Redness, swelling, and oozing of the scalp
Factors Leading to Hair Loss
Hair loss is normally considered heredity, but we find that is not always the case. In fact, hormonal changes due to aging often play a larger role in hair loss. Here are some of the common reasons why women experience hair loss:
- Genetics. A family history of hair loss is a common reason why hair loss may occur. Hereditary hair loss is called androgenic alopecia and normally occurs gradually. Most women experience thinning hair along the scalp when genetics play a role in female hair loss.
- Hormones. Pregnancy, childbirth, thyroid problems, and menopause all play a role in hair loss. Hormonal changes can be fixed with effective treatments like hormonal replacement therapy and dietary adjustments.
- Medications. If you have recently started a new medication, and you notice hair loss, there is a good chance it is causing hair loss issues. Hair loss is common for patients of heart medications, antidepressants, and cancer. We recommend visiting our Ogden health clinic to undergo testing so our experts can identify the cause of hair loss and assist in helping to restore balance to the body.
- Stress. We all know stress leads to several health problems including hair loss. When your stress levels are too high, the body releases too much cortisol, which leads to hair loss.